Covid-19 Safety Protocols:
Our team has been monitoring the COVID-19 situation and implemented the following guidelines for the safety of our patients and staff. We appreciate your cooperation during these challenging times.
- Sanitizing exam room equipment, instruments and surfaces between patients using ProSpray, with a virus kill time of 3 minutes (TB, MERSA, Covid-19, HIV, and others).
- Sanitizing all exam rooms, lobby and hallways with ProSpray fogger at the end of each day.
- All staff are required to wear facemasks and depending on requirements, clinic staff may also wear expanded PPE including goggles, faceshields, hair coverings, gloves, and gowns.
- Lab coats, scrubs, and shoes are sanitized at the end of each workday.
- Office surfaces, doors and equipment are frequently wiped with ProSpray throughout the day.
- Lobby kiosks are cleaned after each patient use. Patients are provided with gloves, finger covering or sanitized stylus to interact with kiosk.
- All patients are required to wear a facemask that covers both nose and mouth to enter the building. Masks will be provided to any patient without one.
- All patients and staff are required to have temperature taken and recorded when entering the building. Any patient with temperature above 100° F will be rescheduled and sent home.
- All patients and staff are required to follow CDC social distancing guidelines.
- Lobby chairs are spaced following CDC guidelines and patients may wait in their vehicle. Patients will be requested to wait in their cars when lobby is at seating capacity.
- Patients are required to wash their hands and use IO Mouth Rinse, which reduces potentially infectious aerosols, at beginning of appointment.
- Hand sanitizer is available at various locations throughout the office.
- If patient has ever test positive for Covid-19, they must provide doctor/medical release at their next appointment.
For the safety of yourself, staff and other patients, please consider rescheduling your appointment if you have experienced the following:
- If you have Covid-19 or flu-like symptoms;
- Are experiencing symptoms of illness, such as a fever, cough, cold or difficulty breathing;
- May have been exposed to someone who tested positive for Covid-19;
- Are living with someone who tested positive for Covid-19 and under quarantine orders.
If you are calling to schedule an appointment and meet any of the above criteria, we kindly request you reschedule your appointment.
We will absolutely continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation in the coming days and update you with any changes. Afdent has earned your trust, providing Patient Friendly Dentistry for over 40 years and we will remain attentive in our work to protect you and our staff through the future.