Dr. Pecina Has Changed The Way People Experience Dental Care
Dr. Roger Pecina is the founder of Afdent. A pioneer in the field of dentistry, he has changed the way thousands of people have experienced dental care.
His unique philosophy of organizing the entire dental office around his patients was well ahead of its time when Afdent first began serving the Michiana community over 40 years ago. This philosophy still positively impacts every patient visit today.
Here's What Dr. Pecina Has To Say About Providing Exceptional Dental Care:
"We listen to our patients and engage them in their care. We focus on your goals, and do our best to give you what you want when you want it. You may be visiting for fillings and decide right then that you want to talk about dental braces or teeth whitening. We're ready to do that, and many times can start treatment that same day."
"No two people are the same. No two mouths are the same. Everyone has unique needs, goals, concerns, and financial considerations. You'll never know what those things are if you don't ask. At Afdent, every patient has a strong voice in determining the right direction for their good oral health."
- 1977: Graduated from the Indiana University School of Dentistry
- 1978: Afdent opens as Affiliated Family Dentists on Ironwood Rd in South Bend
- 1985: Afdent moves to a 2,500 sq. ft. space on Grape Rd. in Mishawaka
- 2000: Afdent moves into new state-of-the-art 12,000 sq. ft. facility on Douglas Rd
- 2013: Roger S. Pecina Education Dental Hygiene Clinic opens at IUSB
- 2013: Afdent Immediate Care Center opens next to main office on Douglas Rd
- 2014: Afdent Awarded Michiana's Favorite Dentist for the 12th time since 2000