Welcome to Afdent!
Dear Afdent Family,
I would like to personally let you know what our staff is doing in order to protect you in the light of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. First, please know our thoughts are with everyone who may have been impacted by COVID-19 in recent days.
As we have for over 40 years, Afdent remains committed to providing a clean and safe dental environment. Our team and I have been monitoring the COVID-19 situation throughout our Nation and our local area and will be implementing the recommended guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and federal and local government health agencies.
We have implemented the following safety protocols:
- Informed all of our employees to stay home if they are feeling sick and call their doctor to discuss their symptoms.
- Asked all staff to follow CDC self-quarantine guidelines put forth for people who have travelled internationally and/or if they have come in contact with someone who has tested positive with COVID-19.
- Increased our OSHA protocol for sanitizing equipment, door handles, exam chairs, lobbies and bathrooms.
- Communicated to all staff the need to practice proper hygiene within the office by covering coughs/sneezes, hand washing for 20+ seconds and regular use of sanitizers when soap and water is not available.
For the safety of yourself, staff and other patients, please consider rescheduling your appointment if you have experienced the following:
- Traveled outside the country in the last three weeks;
- Are experiencing symptoms of illness, such as a fever, cough, cold or difficulty breathing;
- May have been exposed to someone with the coronavirus.
If you are calling to schedule an appointment and meet any of the above criteria, we kindly request you wait until at least 14 days or until such time the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends.
We are fortunate that we have no reported cases amongst our Afdent staff. Both our Mishawaka and Fort Wayne offices remain open to serve our communities.
We will absolutely continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation in the coming days and update you with any changes. Afdent has earned your trust, providing Patient Friendly Dentistry for over 40 years and we will remain attentive in our work to protect you and our staff through the future.
Thank you for being a loyal patient.
Dr. Roger Scott Pecina
Owner and Founder, Afdent
If you have a dental emergency or need to undergo a regular dental checkup in Fort Wayne and Mishawaka, IN, visit none other than Afdent Patient Friendly Dentistry. We take pride in being Northern Indiana’s most referred dentist for more than 40 years.
After summer vacation, parents and children alike are filled with excitement as another school year approaches. Kids are most excited about getting new shoes, bags, and lunch boxes. Meanwhile, parents just seem to be happy about the fact that their babies are growing...read more
As a dental professional I’m often asked about the need for professional teeth cleaning. Often a patient will ask, “I brush twice a day, floss, and use a mouthwash before going to bed, so why do I need routine cleanings?” I tell them that the simplest and most obvious...read more
By now, I’m sure you’ve seen the many funny online video clips of people being sedated after getting their wisdom teeth taken out. Although these videos are fun to watch, as a dentist I can tell you that these teeth are anything but wise. I recommend to the vast...read more