Welcome to Afdent, the Home of Patient Friendly Dentistry®
Dear Afdent Family,
I would like to personally let you know what our staff is doing in order to protect you in the light of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. First, please know our thoughts are with everyone who may have been impacted by COVID-19 in recent days.
As we have for over 40 years, Afdent remains committed to providing a clean and safe dental environment. Our team and I have been monitoring the COVID-19 situation throughout our Nation and our local area and will be implementing the recommended guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and federal and local government health agencies.
We have implemented the following safety protocols:
- Informed all of our employees to stay home if they are feeling sick and call their doctor to discuss their symptoms.
- Asked all staff to follow CDC self-quarantine guidelines put forth for people who have travelled internationally and/or if they have come in contact with someone who has tested positive with COVID-19.
- Increased our OSHA protocol for sanitizing equipment, door handles, exam chairs, lobbies and bathrooms.
- Communicated to all staff the need to practice proper hygiene within the office by covering coughs/sneezes, hand washing for 20+ seconds and regular use of sanitizers when soap and water is not available.
For the safety of yourself, staff and other patients, please consider rescheduling your appointment if you have experienced the following:
- Traveled outside the country in the last three weeks;
- Are experiencing symptoms of illness, such as a fever, cough, cold or difficulty breathing;
- May have been exposed to someone with the coronavirus.
If you are calling to schedule an appointment and meet any of the above criteria, we kindly request you wait until at least 14 days or until such time the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends.
We are fortunate that we have no reported cases amongst our Afdent staff. Both our Mishawaka and Fort Wayne offices remain open to serve our communities.
We will absolutely continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation in the coming days and update you with any changes. Afdent has earned your trust, providing Patient Friendly Dentistry for over 40 years and we will remain attentive in our work to protect you and our staff through the future.
Thank you for being a loyal patient.
Dr. Roger Scott Pecina
Owner and Founder, Afdent
Do you have missing teeth and are concerned about not only your smile but also your dental health? Despite vast improvements in dental care, many still suffer from tooth loss, usually from tooth decay, periodontal disease, or injury. Losing a tooth has a huge impact...read more
Unhappy with your smile but not really interested in wearing traditional braces? Maybe think you are too old to get your perfect smile? Well braces aren’t just for kids and teens anymore. More and more, adults are choosing to get braces to straighten their...read more
One of the most asked questions we get at Afdent is “how can I get my teeth whiter?” Honestly one of the simplest and easiest answers is to brush your teeth gently with a fluoride toothpaste for two minutes twice a day. And use a timer, most people think they’ve been...read more